Skip to content

I’m Back, baby!

June 4, 2012

How does this relate to the blog today?

I’m back, baby!  I realise it’s been a little while since I blogged and just looked back and noticed my last one was several weeks ago about Fifty Shades of Grey.  So either people have wondered if I’ve resigned and/or been busy reading – it’s actually neither.

My youngest son has just graduated from elementary school today and the last month has been filled with all of the “lasts”.  His last field day, the last musical, the last PTO meeting, the last Portfolio Day, etc., – you get the picture.  Of course those that know me, know that I cannot say no – so rather than just attending said events, need to be uber-volunteer, because it will also be my last time!  It’s also the time of the year that I seem to be endlessly running to Target for poster board or something, always at 10pm for my oldest son.  Even when I stock up on poster board, then I get a urgent request for a flash drive and of course we cannot find one at home.

So while still busy working on Smashing and doing all of the above, want to thank Spinner for giving me a blog pass this last month – what a great partner.  Many things have happened over this time that I thought to myself, “Now that would be a funny blog!”.  Of course, can I remember any now – of course not!  I did send myself a text on a couple of them along the way – but they mean nothing to me now.

Here’s a couple of things I texted myself – If you know something about them, please fill in the blanks. A few I can recall a sentence, but not a whole blog.

  1. Hummer – That’s all I texted myself, but recall it was hysterical at the time!
  2. Stretchy thread – Now I’ve blogged about the comedy filled aspects of this before, but no clue why in this last month.  But I did include 3 exclamation marks after it, so must have been good!!!
  3. Fabric Rep – Our intern and I did meet with him at the beginning of the month and remember laughing in his office.  (Kiley, any clue what was so funny?)
  4. Trunk Show – I’m sure Spinner stole all of my funny material from this already.
  5. Mattress – OK, I remember this one.  I was driving home from a meeting on the tollway when in slow motion a mattress fell off the  truck in front of me and I was sandwiched in between 2 semi’s, so nothing I could to do but drive right over it.  Scared me to death as it all happened in slow motion, but not sure it’s an entire blog.
  6. Seinfeld – My youngest is an addict and we can name the episode within the first 10 seconds – but not sure how it relates to Smashing.
  7. Golf duct Tape Genie shoes – Kind of a “you had to be there” story.
  8. I’ll Have Another – I was going to place a big wager on the horse for the Derby when I got distracted by my boys and never got around to it, so guess they now need to pay for college themselves!
  9. Deadlines – One particularly busy week last month I would get an email from the factory that our order was finished and I would drive down the next day only to be told they were 75% done with the order and I would have to come back at the end of the week.   I packed up the 75%. Then upon receipt of the email that they were all done, went to get the remaining 25%, only to be told that they were ALMOST done.  So I took what they had, leaving about 5% remaining behind. Unfortunately, Spinner had promised something in that last 5% to someone, and I couldn’t make it the day it was ready.  So reluctantly I allow Spinner to go to the factory – she’s pissed off, but I remind her that we’re still pretty small in comparison with some of their other clients – they make uniforms for the military, etc., and her to chant “Serenity Now” before entering the building.  Was thrilled that they were 100% done they day she was there and she wouldn’t have to give them a piece of her mind.
  10. Swearing in Polish – I do recall this vividly and think I’ll save for a future blog, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, congratulations to all the graduates and their sobbing parents out there.

Have a Smashing week.

Advertisements
3 Comments leave one →
  1. June 11, 2012 1:40 am

    I enjoyed reading this post! I just came upon your blog and now I have to back read everything. 🙂

  2. June 11, 2012 6:34 am

    Great post!

    Like you, I just started a tennis blog myself, and I would like to have to advice from you guys! 🙂
    So would you please take a look at http://courtlinenews.wordpress.com/ and tell me your feedback!

    Thank you! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: